“It’s never too late, it’s never too bad, and you’re never too old or too sick to start from scratch once again!” – Bishnu Ghosh
What is Bikram Hot Yoga?
26 postures, 2 breathing exercises, during 90 minutes, at 40 degrees & 40% humidity.
The Bikram Hot Yoga method (also known as Original 26 & 2 Hot Yoga) is a beginner friendly, 90 minute series of 26 postures and 2 breathing exercises based on the ancient form of Hatha Yoga. Each posture of the sequence is selected to build upon the previous one, systematically working through the body to ensure every muscle, ligament, tendon and organ is engaged. By combining the yoga sequence with the heat, the heart rate rises, the level of focus is heightened, and with that the overall benefits are increased. This exact technique and series of fixed poses brings better health to anyone willing to try it.
26 & 2 Hot Yoga has been known to help alleviate a wide range of symptoms due to illness and injury. In fact, people who have sustained injuries, fallen out of shape or have a wide range of medical problems are the first to experience the amazing benefits!
Benefits of the Yoga
Anyone, regardless of fitness level or age, will reap the benefits of practicing by simply trying their best.
With regular practice it can:
- Reduce your weight by burning calories and balancing your metabolism
- Achieve relief from pain
- Reduce stress
- Improve your ability to concentrate
- Balance yourself mentally and emotionally
- Raise energy levels
- Restore flexibility
- Tone, strengthen, and lengthen your muscles
- Strengthen your spine
- Improve circulation
- Improves efficiency of the immune system
- Reduce risk of sports injury and increase sports performance and recovery
- Increase balance, coordination, focus and discipline
- Settle your busy mind
- Realign the skeletal system
Benefits of the Heat
- Creates a cardiovascular workout
- Warms the muscles for greater flexibility
- Helps achieve a deeper stretch so you can progress more quickly compared to unheated yoga
- Increases sweating, which helps clean the largest organ of your body – the skin
- Burns more calories
- Builds endurance
- Improves focus